CERTIFIED DATA CENTRE EXPERT
With few exceptions, enterprises today rely on IT for the delivery of business-critical services – often directly to the end consumer. It is therefore vital that the mission-critical data centre is designed, maintained and op rated with high-availability in mind. However, the fact is most data centres do not meet the full availability, capacity and safety requirements that are often demanded.
The ever-changing technologies put even more pressure on data centre managers along with the faster pace at which these changes are required.
CDCE Training in Dubai
The Certified Data Centre Expert course is a five-day course designed to prepare participants to analyse a given business case, perform technical evaluation of a project plan and a set of designs for the implementation of a mission-critical data centre. The course also engages participants in product evaluations and demonstrates how to select equipment, develop equipment test scripts (IET) and integrated performance and validation testing (IPVT). CDCE® builds upon knowledge gained in CDCP® and CDCS® courses.
Participants who pass the exam will join the industry’s elite data centre project design experts
All of these accreditations are world-wide accredited by EXIN.
Certified Datacentre Expert – CDCE Course Objectives
After completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centres based on current and future needs
- Describe all components important for high-availability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre
- Understand the design lifecycle stages for data centre build projects and the phases involved in project execution.
- Analyze a business case and develop a project brief that is aimed at fulfiling the business resilience, site selection and design requirements for a fit-for-purpose and suitably redundant mission-critical data centre.
- Conduct technical level design reviews for a given set of preliminary design documents and perform a technical compliance audit of a set of final design development documents compliant to TIA standards.
- Understand how to read electrical Single Line Diagrams (SLD) and other related design documents, and be able to detect the most common design mistakes.
- Evaluate product datasheets and discriminate amongst technical specifications and functional requirements for suitability against a set of given design requirements for a given site and business case.
- Correlate equipment specications to site design constraints, such as room size and space, floor loading capacity, cooling capacity, power quality conditions and maintenance requirements while ensuring equipment selection does not compromise desired tier level compliance.
- Develop Individual Equipment Test (IET) and Integrated Performance and Validation Test (IPVT) plans for a mission-critical data centre.
- Develop guidelines and checklists for handover of a mission-critical data centre facility, its architectural, mechanical, electrical, IT elements and documentation.
- Develop retirement plans for decommissioning and handover of an aged mission-critical data centre facility.
Who Should Attend?
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre professional, who are involved in the design/build, renovation or relocation of a mission-critical data centre.
Participants must hold a valid CDCS certificate in order to be able to register for the CDCE class
All EPI courses are lectured ONLY by certified EPI trainers. CDCE® is an instructor-led course that uses a combination of lectures and question-and-answer sessions, to discuss participants’ specific needs and issues experienced in their own environment. The CDCE® course is approximately 60% hands-on and 40% lecture.
Participants are able to tap into the trainer’s extensive experience to enable them to solve practical problems in their current environment, thus adding tremendous value.
- KHDA Accredited Training Provider
- EXIN Accredited
- The guarantee that we don’t compromise on quality; ensuring your decision to invest in your education is sound